About Our Plant Health Care Services
Tree Vaccinators, a Jackson Tree Service company, is proud to offer plant health care services that focus on improving the vitality and longevity of your trees. We offer both preventative care and integrated treatments to defend your trees and shrubs against disease.
Our providers are certified through the Missouri Department of Agriculture and trained through the University of Missouri in St. Louis.
As our landscapes become ever more populated, plant health care becomes increasingly pertinent to the conscientious tree owner. That’s because there are increasing risks to the well being of your trees. Some factors include:
- Insects. There are various insect pests that threaten tree health. The risk becomes even greater in areas where climate change favors pests, or where invasive species have been introduced.
- Diseases. There is a wide variety of fungal diseases that will weaken trees. Some diseases are common amongst many types of trees and not as deadly, such as Anthracnose. Other diseases only take place in specific types of trees and cause a lot of damage, such as Dutch Elm Disease.
- Mulch. Though mulching is generally beneficial for your soil, improper mulching for your tree can have negative consequences.
- Plant incompatibilites. When you have plants in close proximity that aren’t native to the same area, or have conflicting growth patterns, one or both may fail to thrive.
- Human Impact on Environment. Proximity to construction can put undue stress on your plants, as can air pollution, soil compaction, and road salt.
As with any type of health care, prevention is the best cure. That’s why we emphasize careful monitoring and a proactive approach to caring for your trees. At the end of the day, your plants are an investment in the beauty and value of your property. Plant health care is one way to ensure you protect that investment.
Feel free to browse our list of specific plant health services. If you’re concerned about your tree but not sure which service it requires, we encourage you to reach out and consult with one of our certified arborists.
Once our certified arborist comes to visit your property, upon arrival he will observe the landscape and all the trees and shrubs that it consists of and evaluate their health. He will diagnose what trees are too far gone to save, and diagnose which trees would benefit most from our plant health care program, and when the optimal timing for treatment is. For example, say you have a pin oak, a spruce, and a sycamore tree, and let’s say our arborist comes to inspect in the spring. He might recommend treating the pin oak in the spring to deal with the oak galls, as well as recommend future treatments on the spruce tree between May and June for Needle Cast, treating the Sycamore tree in mid-summer to early fall, and a deep root fertilizer on all three trees in late fall/early winter. This is just an example, obviously not every tree on every property needs to be treated. Some trees need to be removed, while others might not need specific treatments such as deep root fertilizer, but some trees such as pin oaks almost always need to be treated unless it is too late.
What To Expect
The results of our plant health care program will vary from property to property based on factors such as what trees there are, what condition they are in, what pests and diseases are active nearby, etc. However, you can expect to save a decent chunk of money in the long run. Our treatments are 8-12x cheaper on average compared to the removal price of the same-sized tree, and they will reduce other expenses which can add up over a 5-10 year period. We will also make sure you know when a tree needs to be removed, as well as any other important information that you should know. This will lead to your landscape looking pristine while saving money in the long run.
Something bugging your plants? Tree Vaccinators has a solution!
From growth regulators, deep root fertilizers, pest control, to disease prevention, our plant health care experts are here to help!
Contact Us Today About Your St. Louis Plant Health Care Needs.
Call Us at (314) 423-9295 to Request a Free Quote.
We are proud to offer expert plant health care services to these areas.
Don’t see your area? Contact us to confirm whether we’re the right provider for you!
Wentzville • St. Louis County • Lake St. Louis • O’Fallon